The scores have been calculated for the first 6 events of the senior Club Championships League:
Club Championships League 2017
The scoring system uses BOF ranking points to compare different courses. It doesn’t matter which course you run. The system works as follows:
- Any ESOC member who successfully completes a course that gets allocated BOF ranking points will be automatically scored.
- There are 4 categories: Open Men, Open Women, Veteran Men, Veteran Women.
- For the Open categories, the person with the highest ranking points scores 20, the second 19, etc.
- For the Veteran categories, the ranking points are converted to times in an average race and then scaled by the World Masters Athletics Association age-graded relative running speeds for 5km. Fastest scores 20 points, the second 19, etc.
- Your best 4 scores count.
- In the event of a tie, the 5th, 6th, etc score is taken into account (if available). Otherwise, head to head results are taken into account (greatest number of wins).
The events included in the 2017 ESOC Club Championships League are:
26 Feb - SoSOL 2: Hedderwick Hill/John Muir Country Park
5 Mar - SOL 1: Mugdock Country Park, Milngavie
1 Apr - “Double Dukes” Middle Distance race: South Achray, Aberfoyle
16 Apr - JK Day 3: St Leonards & Holmbush, West Sussex
20 May - Scottish Championships Individual race: Gullane, Archerfield & Yellowcraig
3 Aug - Scottish 6 Days, Day 4: Creag Choinnich, Braemar
10 Sep - SOUL 8: Dunblane
17 Sep - SoSOL 5: Cademuir, Peebles
24 Sep - SOL 5: Inshriach, Kingussie