The scores have been calculated for the first 4 events of the senior Club Championships League:
Club Championships League 2018
The scoring system uses BOF ranking points to compare different courses. It doesn’t matter which course you run. The system works as follows:
- Any ESOC member who successfully completes a course that gets allocated BOF ranking points will be automatically scored.
- There will be 4 categories: Open Men, Open Women, Veteran Men, Veteran Women.
- For the Open categories, the person with the highest ranking points scores 20, the second 19, etc.
- For the Veteran categories, the ranking points are converted to times in an average race and then scaled by the World Masters Athletics Association age-graded relative running speeds for 5km. Fastest scores 20 points, the second 19, etc.
- Your best 4 scores count.
- In the event of a tie, the 5th, 6th, etc score is taken into account (if available). Otherwise, head to head results are taken into account (greatest number of wins).
The events included in the 2018 ESOC Club Championships League are:
21 Jan - SoSOL 1: Holyrood Park
4 Feb - ESOC Sprint-O Race 1: Broxburn & Uphall, West Lothian
11 Mar - CompassSport Cup Scottish round: Beecraigs, Linlithgow
31 Mar - JK Day 2 (Middle Distance): Brereton Spurs, Staffordshire
19 May - British Championships Individual race: Balmoral, Royal Deeside
26 May - Scottish Championships Individual race: Achagour & Dulsie, Nairn
7 Oct - SOL 5: Errochty, Pitlochry
4 Nov - SoSOL: Dechmont Law, Livingston