The list of events for the 2018 ESOC Club Championships League is as follows:
20 Jan - SOUL 1: Edinburgh City Race
4 Feb - ESOC Sprint-O Race 1: Broxburn & Uphall, West Lothian
11 Mar - CompassSport Cup Scottish round: Beecraigs, Linlithgow
31 Mar - JK Day 2 (Middle Distance): Brereton Spurs, Staffordshire
19 May - British Championships Individual race: Balmoral, Royal Deeside
26 May - Scottish Championships Individual race: Achagour & Dulsie, Nairn
7 Oct - SOL 5: Errochty, Pitlochry
4 Nov - SoSOL: Dechmont Law, Livingston
The scoring system uses BOF ranking points to compare different courses. It doesn’t matter which course you run. The system works as follows:
- Any ESOC member who successfully completes a course that gets allocated BOF ranking points will be automatically scored.
- There will be 4 categories: Open Men, Open Women, Veteran Men, Veteran Women.
- For the Open categories, the person with the highest ranking points scores 20, the second 19, etc.
- For the Veteran categories, the ranking points are converted to times in an average race and then scaled by the World Masters Athletics Association age-graded relative running speeds for 5km. Fastest scores 20 points, the second 19, etc.
- Your best 4 scores count.
- In the event of a tie, the 5th, 6th, etc score is taken into account (if available). Otherwise, head to head results are taken into account (greatest number of wins).