ESOC Long-O, St Mary’s
Sun 05th Jun 2011
Info updated: 18th Feb
Type of event: Long
Type of terrain: Moorland
Map1:40 000 Harveys customised map of the competition area, likely to be approximately A4 size.
NOTE: - As with all orienteering events competitors take part at their own risk.
Updated final information now available.
Nearest town: St Mary's Loch, Scottish Borders
- Grid Ref: NT270242
- Latitude: 55.50452
- Longitude: -3.15444
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
DirectionsThe east end of St Mary's Loch at Dryhope on the A708 Yarrow Road.
Registration & Start TimesStart times 10.30 – 12.00
10km, 20km or 180 minute Score
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Senior Pairs £18.00
Senior/Junior Pair £14.50
Junior Pair £11.00
Notes: Pairs will be given 1 map
Additional maps £4.00
SI hire - free but £30 will be charged if lost
Entries: - Pre Entry by Fabian4
Entries close on midnight Monday 30th May 2011
Competitors under 18 accepted at the discretion of the Controller.
Limited EOD if maps available. There will be an additonal cost of + £2.00 for seniors /+ £1.00 for juniors
Contacts / OfficialsPlanner: Ewart Scott.
Controller: Colin Eades Interlopers
Organiser: Jim Morrison : 07845234343
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.