Scottish Score Championships 2020 (CANCELLED)
Dalkeith Country Park (CANCELLED)
Sun 24th May 2020
Info updated: 21st Mar
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
As most orienteers will now be aware British Orienteering has requested all clubs to suspend events active immediately, for the next 12 weeks. ESOC has acted in accordance with these requirements and has cancelled all events to the end of May 2020. Later events will remain under review.
Nearest town: Dalkeith
- Grid Ref: NT334677
- Postcode: EH22 2NA
- Latitude: 55.89743
- Longitude: -3.06648
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Registration & Start Times
TBC but this is a Score event.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
TBC but advance entry will be required.
Contacts / Officials
Early enquiries can be made to
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.