Scottish Score Championships 2020
Venue to be confirmed very soon
Sun 24th May 2020
Info updated: 30th Jan
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
The 2020 Scottish Score Championships will be held in South East Scotland. Confirmation of area and other details will follow very soon - hopefully by the end of the first week in February.
Registration & Start Times
TBC but this is a Score event.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
TBC but advance entry will be required.
Contacts / Officials
Early enquiries can be made to
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.