Scottish Sprint Championships 2019 incorporating ESOC Sprint O
UPHALL & BROXBURN
Sun 03rd Feb 2019
Info updated: 20th Sep
Type of event: Regional, Sprint
Type of terrain: Urban
Broxburn and Uphall was newly mapped in 2018. This 2019 event will be held on a different part of the mapped area from the event held in 2018.
There will be 2 races in relatively close succession and a single entry is required for both races. Unlike previous years there will not be a chasing start for the second race.
Nearest town: Broxburn
- Grid Ref: NT072719
- Postcode: EH52 5LH
- Latitude: 55.931624
- Longitude: -3.485922
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
Registration & Start Times
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
TBC but advance entry will be required.
Contacts / Officials
advance enquiries to
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.