South Queensferry Urban Race, SOUL
Scottish Orienteering Urban League 6
Sun 02nd Jun 2019
Info updated: 16th Apr
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Urban
Event specific information will be posted here soon.
MAP: The newly extended map now includes the new housing estate where the HP factory once was.
Nearest town: South Queensferry
- Grid Ref: NS135778
- Postcode: EH30 9JN
- Latitude: 55.98608
- Longitude: -3.38606
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
TBC Note that the location information is not yet confirmed but is likely to be the local Sports Hub.
Registration & Start Times
The usual SOUL courses will be offered.
These are: MEN'S OPEN, WOMEN'S OPEN, MEN'S VETS, WOMEN'S VETS, SUPERVET MEN, SUPERVET WOMEN, ULTRAVET MEN, ULTRAVET WOMEN, HYPERVET MEN, HYPERVET WOMEN, M/W under16, M/W under 12.
Details of SOUL age categories and other important information about the Scottish Orienteering Urban League Guidelines can be found via a link the SOA website SOUL pages.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre entry is required via Fabian4. Entries will open on 1st May and the closing date for pre-entries is Sunday evening, 26th May. There may be limited entry on the day (EOD) but this can only be confirmed close to the event. Pre-enter to ensure you get a map. Entry fees are shown in the grid below.
|PRE-ENTRY (to Midnight on 26th May)||EOD, on 2nd June|
|Seniors (born 1998 or earlier) BOF/SOA member||£10||£12|
|Seniors (born 1998 or earlier) non BOF/SOA member||£12||£14|
|Juniors (born 1999 or later) BOF/SOA member||£5||£6|
|Juniors (born 1999 or later) non BOF/SOA member||£6||£7|
|Juniors (born 1999 or later) non BOF/SOA member||£5||£6|
|Students non BOF/SOA member||£6||£7|
Sportident (SI) electronic timing will be used.
£2.50 to hire SIAC (touch free SI), if required, but £60.00 charge if lost. SIAC (touch free SI) hire is limited to the first 50 participants requesting this option.
Free SIcard (punching) hire, if required, but £30.00 charge if lost.
Contacts / Officials
PLANNER: Richard Purkis (ESOC)
ORGANISER: Jayne MacGregor (ESOC)
CONTROLLER: Rob Hickling (BASOC)
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Privacy: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.