We would like to encourage your group to consider joining our orienteering club.
Cost of Membership
The fee given below provides membership from the date of joining until 31st December 2021.
ESOC Group membership fee for 2021
How to Join
Send your completed form, with a cheque for the appropriate amount (see above), made payable to “ESOC”, to the ESOC Membership Secretary:
Martin Caldwell, 15 Lanark Road West, Currie, Edinburgh. EH14 5LB
Advantages of Joining as a Group Member
- Advice and support from ESOC for orienteering activities in your school/group
- Suggestions for simple orienteering games for the gym or playground
- Use of the orienteering maps of Edinburgh parks that are owned by ESOC
- The opportunity to use the Club’s electronic punching system, provided the equipment is not needed for the Club’s own activities at the time
- Regular email communications to your Contact Person with news of schools/group orienteering activity in the Edinburgh and Lothians area
- Mentoring for teachers who decide to take the Teaching Orienteering CPD course
- Free copies of the ESOC newsletters, Capital O and, specifically for juniors, Ozone
Our newsletter, Capital-O, reports on recent events and gives information about forthcoming events, as well as news and features about what some of our members have been up to. The newsletter is accompanied by The O-Zone, aimed at juniors and highlighting their achievements. One copy of the newsletter will be sent out to each group as well as an email giving access to the electronic version.
- Reduced entry fees for you, your pupils/group members at ESOC’s local events*
*Note on attending events. It will be necessary to reproduce your school/group membership card for staff or pupils and their families to show at the Event Registration desk in order to receive a reduced fee. Contact your ESOC Contact Person () for any further information on attending events.